A traineeship is an education and training programme with relevant work experience that provides young people with the skills and experience to get you ready for work, apprenticeships or Further Education.
Traineeships will give you work preparation training, English and Maths skills for those who need it, and a high-quality work experience placement.
• 16-24 year old?
• Unemployed or work less than 16 hours or have minimal work experience?
• Ideal if you are motivated and want to gain the skills and experience that employers are
• Only 240 hours (max 6 months) allowing you to quickly move on.
• To give you the confidence and skills to gain an apprenticeship or job.
• The opportunity to build your CV and get vital work experience.
• Improving your English and maths skills will provide a better chance of finding a job.
• Traineeships are largely supported by employees to ensure they give you the skills you need to secure a job and succeed in employment.
• A guaranteed interview with an employer at the end of your course.
• The work experience placement may lead onto a paid position should a vacancy become available or a solid reference will be provided to help find further work.
There is no cost for the course.
You could get a bursary of up to £1,200 per year if you are in one of the following
– In care or care leavers
– Claiming Income Supports / Universal Credit
– Receiving Employment and Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance /
Personal Independence Payment
If you aren’t in one of these groups, you could still get a bursary depending on your
personal circumstances. Ask us for more information.
“Leaving school was very daunting and I was very unsure of the path I wanted to take, I knew I didn’t want to go to college, but I wasn’t sure what else there was for me. I met with the staff from Martec and I felt confident that there was something for me other than a college course. I wanted to gain work experience whilst earning qualifications and skills. It also left time for me to go and find paid work too. My placement helped me lead onto an apprenticeship at the same company and they have been fantastic in supporting me ever since along with the staff at Martec. I would highly recommend Martec to anyone.”